Monday, January 7, 2013

watch me work

'Red Trees', 4" x 4", coloured pencil, copyright Teresa Mallen
 
On Wednesday January 9th, 2013, I shall be the guest artist at the Kanata Art Club evening meeting. My presentation shall be an inspiring look into the world of coloured pencil. First up will be an overview on how to create fine art with cps. After reviewing traditional coloured pencil techniques, I will reveal how to go beyond these basics, sharing how to create work on coloured paper that looks like pastel, how to create richly pigmented effects, how to work in mixed media with coloured pencil as well as how to move beyond realism.
 
As part of my presentation, I shall demonstrate how I created the above piece. I have a fresh piece of paper with a new line drawing on it and my pencils are sharpened. Come watch me work! 
 
This event takes place in West Ottawa, 1030 Riddell Drive at the Kanata Montessori School. Start time is 7:00 p.m. and non-members are welcome to attend. Hope to see you there!


3 comments:

Jennifer Rose said...

if only flying was cheaper :)

Teresa Mallen said...

Surely there is a seat sale!?! :-)Well, I am delighted that you would come if you could.

Ann said...

Me too. I would love to be there. So how far is Ottawa from North Carolina? Take lots of photos for us :-)